Eyelash Growth Treatment
Who doesn’t want thicker, longer, and darker lashes? There are a lot of eyelash growth treatments out there but do serums really work? Short answer: it depends. Most over the counter serums will condition and strengthen your lashes but will not make them grow. Latisse is the only FDA-approved product which has been proven effective to cause eyelash growth. The active ingredient in this is Bimatoprost, which is a prescription only medication.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
WHAT SERUM DO WE USE?
what to expect
What is eyelash growth serum?
Bimatoprost 0.03% is a prescription-only ophthalmic solution used to treat glaucoma (an eye condition where the optic nerve is damaged by high fluid pressures). A pleasant side effect is its ability to stimulate the eyelashes to grow thick and fast.
How does it work?
One drop is applied directly to the base of your upper eyelashes each night. Applied once daily, this medication extends the period that each eyelash remains in the growth phase (anagen phase) of the hair’s life cycle, allowing lashes to grow thicker, longer, and darker. It also stimulates growth in hair follicles not currently producing lashes.
Average results show:
Results can be seen in 10-30 days with maximum effect by 16 weeks.
What to expect
1. At consultation (video consultation available), we will assess your medical health to ensure treatment is safe for you. We will discuss common side effects and possible complications before signing a consent form.
2. You will receive treatment information by email and your treatment pack will be sent to you by post.
3. Results can be seen from 10-30 days with maximum effect at 16 weeks. After this, treatment can be reduced to once or twice weekly to maintain your results. How quickly you see results depends on where your eyelashes are in their life cycle at the time you start treatment.
4. If you choose not to continue with treatment, your eyelashes will simply return to normal when you stop the medication.
What areas can be treated?
Is eyelash serum safe?
Since Bimatoprost is a well-established treatment for glaucoma, there is much information on its safety profile. When used as an eyelash growth serum, these documented risks are further reduced, since it is not being applied within the eye.
TREATMENT SHOULD BE AVOIDED IF:
Pregnancy or breast-feeding
Use of other prostaglandin analogues to reduce intra-ocular pressure, it may interfere with the desired reduction in pressure
IF TREATMENT WITH BIMATOPROST IS NOT SAFE FOR YOU, OTHER OPTIONS INCLUDE:
Common side effects include redness/itchiness of eye, irritation to surface of eye, skin hyperpigmentation.
Uncommon side effects include peri-orbital redness/swelling/skin discolouration, eyelid irritation/itching/swelling/burning sensation, rash (including macular, erythematous, and pruritic limited to the eyelids and peri-orbital region), increased lacrimation (tears), madarosis and trichorrhexis (temporary loss of a few eyelashes to loss of sections of eyelashes, and temporary eyelash breakage, respectively), blurred vision.
Rare side effects include iris colour change / brown pigmentation (if product applied within the eye regularly, although rare it is likely to be permanent)
FULL TREATMENT PACK (17 WEEKS) £160
Lumigan (Bimatoprost 0.03%) vials x 30 = 17 weeks using daily
LastSwab Eco eyeliner brush in case for application*
MAINTENANCE TREATMENT PACK (20 WEEKS) £60
Lumigan (Bimatoprost 0.03%) vials x 10 = 20 weeks using twice weekly -Disposable eyeliner brush for application
*LASTSWAB IS AN ECO-FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE TO COTTON BUDS (SINGLE USE PLASTICS ARE DUE TO BE BANNED VERY SOON, AS THEY SHOULD BE!) SIMPLY WASH WITH SOAP AND STORE IN ITS CASE.
- Remove make-up before assessment.
- If you have any questions, please contact the clinic.
- Follow application instructions
- Do not exceed recommended dose, this will not make eyelashes grow faster and will increase the risk of side-effects
- If irritation occurs, you may reduce the dose, leave days without treatment or stop using the product until irritation settles.
- Contact the clinic if any unexpected side effects occur.
- Severe allergic reactions need immediate medical attention at your nearest Emergency Department by calling 999 for an ambulance.
- Symptoms can include shortness of breath, wheezing, difficulty in swallowing, swelling of the tongue, eyelids, lips.